Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I have always hated my arms

I have always hated my arms

I have always hated my arms. In fact, as a baby I had super chubby arms. I’m not exaggerating. The kind with rolls on them- like the Pillsbury dough boy. For real.

My mom said people used to “comment” on the 9 rolls on my arms (yes there were 9 of them). She told me that people used to stop her on the street and say “that’s a big bruiser of a boy you got there!”

It never mattered that I had a pink bow in my hair (true story- you can ask her if she hasn’t already told you or you can look at the pictures below.

Hating my arms was never-ending.

When I was in the best shape of my life I still hated my arms.
When I was in the worst shape of my life- I hated my arms.
In a tank top – I hated my arms.
In a strapless dress… I hated my arms.

In ANYTHING no matter what… I hated my arms.

It could be 110 degrees outside and I would likely still have had something covering my arms.

You could have told me that you loved my arms and it wouldn’t have mattered.

I hated them.
You know what the funny thing is? You likely have not ever noticed my arms.

You see- WE hyper focus on ridiculous things about US that no one else notices! Everyone does it.

We focus on something ridiculous that no one else notices.

I decided a while back that I would LOVE my arms. Not because they would CHANGE or all of a sudden be totally different but because there is GRATITUDE in what my arms do daily for me. That list is so long.
–
Focus on what we LOVE not what we hate and everything starts to shift.

xo Natalie Jill

Outfit- COSMIC PRINT from my limited edition collection HERE

The post I have always hated my arms appeared first on Natalie Jill Fitness.


I have always hated my arms posted first on http://www.nataliejillfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment